- Why was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
State Rep. Scott Reske (D-Ind.) is joining the crowded field of challengers to Rep. Dan Burton (R).
Republicans redrew the 5th district to be slightly more competitive in order to shore up Republican voters in nearby districts. But the central Indiana district is still an uphill climb for any Democratic candidate.
Nonetheless, Burton now faces challengers on both fronts — in the primary and the general election. Four Republicans already announced they’ll take on Burton: former U.S. Attorney Susan Brooks, former Marion County Coroner John McGoff, former Rep. David McIntosh and attorney Jack Lugar.
Burton won a seven-way GOP primary in 2010 with about 30 percent of the vote.