- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
- Voting-Rights Advocates Get Win at Supreme Court
While most people (OK, maybe just us) spent the recess trying to look “busy” while avoiding any real work, Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) took it upon herself to do not just one but five different jobs — albeit very briefly — last Friday as part of a whirlwind small-business tour.
Boasting more wardrobe changes than a TV awards show host, Jackson Lee reportedly got into the act at several businesses, including:
1. Canal Medical Clinic: She answered phones, donned a white lab coat and helped shuffle prescription medication around the pharmacy.
2. America Petroleum and Resources: The Congresswoman reviewed geological maps and discussed exploratory strategies.
3. Franklin Beauty School: Jackson Lee removed rollers from ladies getting their hair done.
4. Bevco: She reviewed inventory and handled general sales stuff.
5. Dewalt Construction: Jackson Lee threw on a hard hat, goggles and a fluorescent orange vest and did the safety-officer thing.
Jackson Lee dubbed the day “very exciting.” She also was relieved to relinquish her construction duties.