While most people (OK, maybe just us) spent the recess trying to look “busy” while avoiding any real work, Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) took it upon herself to do not just one but five different jobs — albeit very briefly — last Friday as part of a whirlwind small-business tour.
Boasting more wardrobe changes than a TV awards show host, Jackson Lee reportedly got into the act at several businesses, including:
1. Canal Medical Clinic: She answered phones, donned a white lab coat and helped shuffle prescription medication around the pharmacy.
2. America Petroleum and Resources: The Congresswoman reviewed geological maps and discussed exploratory strategies.
3. Franklin Beauty School: Jackson Lee removed rollers from ladies getting their hair done.
4. Bevco: She reviewed inventory and handled general sales stuff.
5. Dewalt Construction: Jackson Lee threw on a hard hat, goggles and a fluorescent orange vest and did the safety-officer thing.
Jackson Lee dubbed the day “very exciting.” She also was relieved to relinquish her construction duties.
Vice President Joe Biden waits to conduct a mock swearing-in ceremony with Sen. Brian Schatz, D-Hawaii, in the Capitol's Old Senate Chamber, December 2, 2014. Schatz was sworn in to serve the remainder of his term since he was appointed to the seat after Sen. Daniel Inouye, D-Hawaii, passed away.