- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Fundraising reports to watch in other Senate primaries include both parties’ top candidates in New Mexico, where Rep. Martin Heinrich and state Auditor Hector Balderas are battling for the Democratic nomination and to keep the seat in Democratic hands. Republicans Heather Wilson, a former Congresswoman, and Lt. Gov. John Sanchez are squaring off for the GOP nod.
The most high-profile potential candidate still sitting on the sidelines is former Hawaii Gov. Linda Lingle (R), who has said she will announce her plans this fall. While the two-term governor would have a tough road to win Obama’s home state in a presidential cycle, her entrance would help the NRSC expand the map.
“The goal is always to expand the playing field as much as possible, especially if you’re on offense,” LaCivita said.