- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
As they've ramped up efforts to win back House seats in 2012, CBC members said they will also redouble their efforts to help Obama, who has seen his support among African-Americans dwindle. According to a Washington Post-ABC News poll released Sept. 21, 58 percent of African-Americans had "strongly favorable" views of Obama, compared with 83 percent who gave the same response just five months ago.
"I don't care what the polls show," said Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), an early Obama supporter. "Speaking for myself, I'm going to triple my efforts from 2008 to make sure this president gets re-elected."
But that doesn't mean Members won't continue to make suggestions about how the president could do his job better.
After all, an aide said, "It's a family thing."