- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
“I spent a lot of time working on defense energy security issues and helped my boss found, launch and be the co-chair of the Defense Energy Security Caucus this year,” he said.
As a legislative director for Slaughter, Fitzsimmons is broadening his experience, with a particular focus on trade issues. “I am especially excited to be building on my appropriations and political experience by working closely with the Rules Committee,” of which Slaughter is the ranking member, he said.
Fitzsimmons said he is glad to be working in the policy areas that interest him. “To be able to work in that space on Capitol Hill is really gratifying,” he said.
Send news of hires and promotions on Capitol Hill to firstname.lastname@example.org.