- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Republican businessman Matt Doheny, who lost to Rep. Bill Owens (D-N.Y.) by fewer than 2,000 votes in 2010, filed his paperwork Wednesday to launch another bid in the 23rd district.
In an interview, Doheny said the twin challenges that the country faces today are the lack of growth and the nation’s debt. He was bullish on winning this time around given that a third-party candidate running on the Conservative Party line received more than 6 percent of the vote last cycle.
“We like the opportunity set up here, and we’re working to make sure I’m the Republican, Conservative and Independent parties’ nominee for this district,” he said.