- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
Vernon, Conn., Mayor Jason McCoy joined an increasingly crowded Republican field for Senate this week.
McCoy’s announcement comes the same week that former World Wrestling Entertainment CEO Linda McMahon (R) declared her bid for the seat of retiring Sen. Joe Lieberman (I). Former Rep. Christopher Shays (R) is also running.
“I have decided to run for Senate, because our country needs a leader with experience; a leader who can say no to higher taxes, out-of-control government spending, and wasteful borrowing,” McCoy said in a statement.
But any Republican faces an uphill battle in Connecticut given the state’s Democratic leanings. Roll Call rates the Senate race as Likely Democratic.