- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Organizers of the Netroots Nation conference of liberal activists and bloggers are using Massachusetts Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren’s candidacy to help drum up support for an online auction to benefit next year’s event, to be held in Providence, R.I.
DailyKos.com member Nolan wrote that Warren gave “one of the best talks” during Netroots Nation Las Vegas in 2010 and said her vision of helping “working people” is in line with the group’s mission.
The writer also promotes Oregon state Rep. Jefferson Smith (D), who will run for mayor of Portland in 2012. “I’m very proud that we count these great leaders as members of our Netroots Nation family,” Nolan wrote, going on to promote a book about the Wisconsin labor protests, lunch with former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean and a pair of 2009 T-shirts promoting Pennsylvania Senate Democratic primary rivals Joe Sestak and Arlen Specter. Also available in the auction: Montana Gov. Brian Schweitzer’s bolo tie.