- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
Senate Democrats spent their policy lunch going over a budget proposal from Senate Budget Chairman Kent Conrad (D-N.D.). But that proposal appears to be nothing more than an academic exercise, with no plans to bring it up for a vote, either in committee or on the floor.
Instead, their canceled recess appears likely to generate a grand total of two votes — a glorified attendance vote Tuesday after a plan to move to a Libya resolution collapsed — and a cloture vote to move to a nonbinding Sense of the Senate resolution calling for millionaires to help cut the deficit — without any specifics.
Senators who canceled their trips home and abroad without much to show for it seemed peeved, to say the least.
“Don’t ask me that question,” Finance Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) said.
Kate Ackley and Jessica Brady contributed to this report.