- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
The Iowa caucuses are a long way off, and the Republican race might take many turns. But Romney has the potential to be Kerry in the GOP race — serious, thoughtful, measured ... and presidential.
The key questions, then, are whether Perry will fall into the trap of being the Republicans’ Dean and whether GOP voters in 2012 are so angry and itching for a fight with President Barack Obama and his party that they don’t even care who sounds more presidential.
Stuart Rothenberg is editor of the Rothenberg Political Report.