- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
This plan is as ambitious as it is righteous. I am heartened by the agency’s realization that it was wasting finite resources on harmless people. It does not, however, allow all DREAM Act students or noncriminal immigrants room to breathe a sigh of relief. The only way to truly fix our broken immigration system is with comprehensive immigration reform that is passed by both chambers of this Congress.
I urge my colleagues, especially those on the Judiciary Committee, to carefully review this plan from the DHS and use it as a starting place for a thoughtful conversation about immigration policy.
Rep. Mike Honda (D-Calif.) is chairman emeritus of the Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus and chairs the caucus’ Immigration Task Force.