- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
Pearland City Councilwoman Felicia Harris (R) announced she’s running for retiring Rep. Ron Paul’s (R) east Texas seat.
She’s not alone in interest in the redrawn 14th district, which favors Republicans, making it a popular attraction for aspiring GOP candidates.
Beaumont lawyer Michael Truncale announced his campaign last month, state Rep. Randy Weber is expected to announce his candidacy this week, and former Pasadena Mayor John Manlove continues to mull a bid.
But Democrats believe the seat could be competitive with the right candidate. Local Democrats are pushing former Rep. Nick Lampson to run.