- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
“If Turner wins, I think the Republicans have every reason to maintain a second foothold in New York City,” said a Democrat with knowledge of the state’s redistricting process. Freshman Rep. Michael Grimm (R) represents Staten Island and a few neighborhoods in Brooklyn.
Regardless of what happens later with redistricting, one GOP consultant said his party should keep its glee in check if it pulls out a win in Queens.
“We shouldn’t lose sight of the fact that the electorate is mad at both parties,” longtime GOP strategist Roger Stone said. “Turner has the added advantage of being an outsider and a nonpolitician. But the Republicans shouldn’t take total comfort in a win because voters are tired of both parties.”