- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Sen. Orrin Hatch announced Wednesday that Steve Forbes has endorsed his re-election bid.
The announcement is part of a rollout of conservative support as Hatch works to survive a conservative challenge at next year’s state GOP convention.
Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R) is no longer considering challenging him, but conservative groups are still recruiting candidates.
In a letter dated Aug. 11, Forbes said they’ve known each other for more than 30 years and mentioned that Hatch would become chairman of the Senate Finance Committee in 2013 if the GOP recaptures control of the Senate.
“You would be a critical figure in shaping historic legislation to throw out the current horror of a tax code and replace it with something that is simple, pro-growth and understandable to all Americans,” Forbes wrote.