- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
Rep. Pete Sessions (Texas), chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee, will travel to Orange County, Calif., this month to attend Rep. Ed Royce’s annual “Western Bar-B-Q,” the Congressman announced Wednesday.
Royce is running against fellow Republican Rep. Gary Miller in the newly drawn 39th district, which includes portions of Orange, Los Angeles and San Bernardino counties. It is one of three Member-vs.-Member races in the Los Angeles area.
An NRCC spokeswoman said the chairman’s appearance at the fundraiser does not signal he is taking sides in the primary.
“Chairman Sessions does not endorse in Republican Member-Member races,” spokeswoman Emily Davis said. “He attends events for any Member in good standing with the NRCC.”
Royce, an NRCC vice chairman, has more money than Miller, and party insiders have said he is the stronger candidate. The barbecue will be held at Knott’s Berry Farm in Buena Park on Sept. 17.