- Kathleen Matthews Joins Race for Van Hollen's Seat
- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
The Tune Inn is still tuned out, HOH is sad to report.
The fave dive of Members, staffers and other assorted Capitol Hill denizens was damaged earlier this summer by a kitchen fire. Originally, owner Lisa Nardelli had planned for a grand reopening on Labor Day weekend, but the weekend has come and gone. There was no greasy bar food to be had or silly decorations to be ogled.
As often happens in construction projects, there have been more delays than Nardelli had counted on, a source said. The bar is still under construction, a number of inspections need to be completed and new kitchen equipment has yet to be installed.
With the closing of next-door neighbor Hawk ’n’ Dove in a few weeks, there’s no word yet on where the displaced staff of the Tune Inn will go to pick up shifts as they wait for the bar to reopen.
Our thoughts — and the thoughts of Rep. John Mica (R-Fla.), we’re sure — are with you.