- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
While many of us spent Labor Day weekend at the beach or the pool, Rep. Chip Cravaack spent Saturday on a bear hunt.
According to the Duluth News Tribune, Minnesota’s black bear hunting season opened last week, so this weekend the Minnesota Republican was out on the prowl.
“I was located in the area around Duxbury, about 25 miles east of Sandstone,” Cravaack tells HOH. Duxbury is apparently a bearadise in the northern part of the state.
Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your feelings about bears, Congress and hunting, Cravaack came up empty-handed.
“Lot of tracks, [but] no bear,” he says. “And [there was] a tree where I sat for five and a half hours with a squirrel who wasn’t very happy with me.”
Probably craving some human time, the Congressman spent Monday chatting with his constituents at a Labor Day parade in Cloquet.