- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Real estate investor Mark Meadows is rapidly moving toward a bid for the GOP nomination in North Carolina's 11th district, a seat held by vulnerable Rep. Heath Shuler (D).
Sources familiar with Meadows’ thinking tell Roll Call that he has all but decided to enter the race and is willing to contribute a significant amount of his own money.
If he throws his hat in the ring, Meadows will join local district attorney Jeff Hunt, tea-party-affiliated ophthalmologist Dan Eichenbaum, retired Army officer Spence Campbell and economic development consultant Chris Petrella.
The redistricting process left Shuler with the state’s most Republican district.