- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
The National Republican Congressional Committee will release a television ad Tuesday targeting Rep. Tim Walz (D-Minn.) and his 2010 vote for the Democratic health care law. Roll Call obtained an early peek at the ad.
“There’s a cloud over our economy,” a narrator intones as storm clouds sweep on screen. “Tim Walz’s government takeover of health care,” he says in a foreboding voice. “Fear and uncertainty prevents new hiring. Steep fines and new taxes on families and businesses.”
The NRCC said the spot will cost more than $10,000 to air for three weeks on cable television.
Walz won his third term in his district in the southern part of the state with 49 percent of the vote.