- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Another Republican is pondering taking on vulnerable Rep. Larry Kissell (D-N.C.).
Insurance executive Daniel Barry told Roll Call on Friday that he is considering jumping into the GOP race in the newly drawn and strongly Republican 8th district.
“I’ve been overwhelmed by the level of support that I have received from members of the community in the 8th district,” Barry said. “Frankly, it’s been humbling.”
Barry, who calls himself “very conservative,” said he could be a partial self-funder but wouldn’t fully finance a campaign.