- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
It seems likely that any Democrat who runs in the 13th, whether it’s Miller or someone else, will be engaging in a losing battle. Wake County Commissioner Paul Coble, who previously served as mayor of Raleigh, has announced his run for seat. He told reporters he would need to raise about $1.5 million to be competitive in the GOP primary.
His likely primary opponent would be former U.S. attorney George Holding, who investigated ex-Sen. John Edwards (D-N.C.). Bill Randall, who lost to Miller in 2010 and who told Roll Call he “subscribes to the principles of the tea party,” has already declared he’s running again.comments powered by Disqus