- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Democrats might have found a candidate to challenge Rep. Timothy Johnson (R) in the newly redrawn, competitive Illinois’ 13th district.
Greene County State’s Attorney Matt Goetten (D) will look at running for the seat, a Democratic source confirmed to Roll Call.
Illinois Democrats passed a new Congressional map earlier this year that moved Johnson’s home into a more competitive central Illinois district.
Republicans filed a lawsuit last week protesting the new map, but Johnson didn’t sign on. He has reportedly already rented an apartment in his new district.
The Springfield State Journal-Register first reported that Goetten is considering a bid.