- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Democrats might have found a candidate to challenge Rep. Timothy Johnson (R) in the newly redrawn, competitive Illinois’ 13th district.
Greene County State’s Attorney Matt Goetten (D) will look at running for the seat, a Democratic source confirmed to Roll Call.
Illinois Democrats passed a new Congressional map earlier this year that moved Johnson’s home into a more competitive central Illinois district.
Republicans filed a lawsuit last week protesting the new map, but Johnson didn’t sign on. He has reportedly already rented an apartment in his new district.
The Springfield State Journal-Register first reported that Goetten is considering a bid.