- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
With the freshman class making up more than a third of the entire House GOP Conference, one of the first-term lawmakers could be a surprise pick for Boehner. Rep. Diane Black (Tenn.) is one of two freshmen serving on the Ways and Means Committee, and Republicans chose her for a leadership post at the National Republican Congressional Committee and to be the freshman representative on the Republican Policy Committee. Republican aides also suggested Rep. Allen West, a GOP firebrand who emerged as an unlikely champion of the debt deal and forceful advocate for Boehner, could be an option.comments powered by Disqus