- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee lists the 1st district as an “Emerging Race” in its Red to Blue program, a designation that means it hasn’t broken through to the level of most competitive House races this cycle.
Zerban campaign spokeswoman Beth Pramme said the campaign is focused on the race at hand and declined to comment on a potential special election.
While the topic of a Romney-Ryan ticket has been discussed widely in the national handicapping of the veepstakes, many in the state insist that they still view a Ryan pick as highly unlikely.
“Would he take it if he were offered it?” University of Wisconsin professor and former state legislator Mordecai Lee asked. “I would eat my shoe on national television if he took it.”
But until official word comes from Romney, observers remain happy to speculate.