- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Holder personally vouched that the answers would be forthcoming and in good faith, but Grassley felt the answers he received a month later were lacking.
Two other issues also flared up.
Grassley said the DOJ tried to insist that its lawyers be present at transcribed interviews with officials who had already retained a personal lawyer, against terms of the deal. A DOJ official said that interviews with officials with personal lawyers were not scheduled in consultation with the DOJ.
The agreement also said that interview transcripts were the possession of Congressional investigators, although the DOJ asked for a copy of former ATF acting chief Ken Melson’s transcript. The DOJ official said the agreement did not preclude the department from asking for an interview transcript.