- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
The program creates jobs and strengthens the economy through the purchase of materials and equipment from the private sector. Each dollar is multiplied as it flows through our communities.
Congress must restore the program to pre-stimulus levels to maintain an effective commitment to weatherization, maintain the trained workforce and provide a much-needed economic boost to a fragile economy. Don’t allow distortions of the facts to put the truly effective 35-year effort that is the Weatherization Assistance Program in peril.
Tim Warfield is executive director of the National Association for State Community Services Programs.