- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
As the lines are currently drawn, 18 percent of the district’s population is older than 65, and entitlement issues are key. Barber’s position during the campaign was that he would “responsibly adjust” Medicare and Medicaid, and he opposed the fiscal 2013 GOP budget proposal.
Barber said he is ready to get started, and he has already begun his apartment search in D.C, pulled together Arizona memorabilia for his office and located a Bible he and his wife share for the swearing-in.
“My energy level has been so high since I started this election,” he said. “I feel very youthful, even though I have a few gray hairs. I’m really ready to do this.”