- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Wake County, N.C., Commissioner Paul Coble will seek the GOP nomination in the 13th Congressional district. In a conference call with reporters, the former mayor of Raleigh said he would need to raise about $1.5 million to be competitive in the primary race for the newly open district created by redistricting.
Rep. Brad Miller (D) represents the current 13th but will no longer live in it under the new lines. Coble, the nephew of former Sen. Jesse Helms (R-N.C.) said he does or has represented 68 percent of the people in the new district. Under the map likely to be passed into law this week, the 13th district would have voted 54 percent for Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) in the 2008 presidential election.