- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
“People have seen it before and there’s nothing to offer there,” Lansing said. “People are tired of career politicians. They don’t want to keep the same people put us in this mess.”
Fitzgerald said that election fatigue and an early primary—this year marks the first time Wisconsin will hold its primary in August—may lead to lower turnout. He said he believes he would benefit if the electorate is dominated by the party’s most active members.
Thompson said he believes that getting people to the polls would be his biggest challenge.
With good weather in late summer, people may prefer to go the ball games or relax by the lake, he said.