- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
The release referred to the Wisconsin native as a “trailblazing woman in a male dominated political arena.” She was the national political director on Bob Dole’s 1996 presidential campaign, a senior adviser on President George H.W. Bush’s 1992 campaign, a regional political director for the Republican National Committee and a senior consultant on numerous Senate and gubernatorial campaigns in the Midwest and West.
“She was a brilliant strategist, a matchless tactician and one of the sharpest political minds we have ever known,” Strategy Group for Media CEO Rex Elsass said in a statement. “Jill was part of our Strategy Group for Media family and we will miss her dearly. Today Jill smiles down from God’s good Heaven.”
Submit campaign staffing news and tips to Shop Talk here.