- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
On Tuesday, Boxer and Inhofe released a partial compromise proposal that, while not touching issues such as the Keystone XL oil pipeline, does include a number of reforms sought by the GOP. House Republicans said Wednesday they plan to send a counter offer before the end of the week.
And that movement, no matter how small, is encouraging. “Before, it’s been a lot of talk, a lot of theory. But now it’s time to get moving,” Lankford said, adding that House Republicans are committed to not “stalling this out.”
Boxer also said she remains optimistic a bill can be completed quickly, arguing her relationship with Inhofe is one of the reasons for hope.
“The two of us coming from these very different places have teamed up. So there’s no reason on God’s green earth why it should be problematic,” Boxer said.