- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
Given the overall commitment of the Obama administration to civil rights enforcement, it is unfortunate some of its spokespeople have argued that this proposed executive order would be unnecessary or unwise. They know better. The sooner the administration takes the step that it should, and probably eventually will, the better the public understanding will be of how we should fight discrimination: as fully and effectively as possible.
Nan D. Hunter is legal scholarship director at the Williams Institute, a think tank associated with the UCLA School of Law, and associate dean for graduate programs and professor of law at Georgetown University Law Center. Brad Sears is executive director of the Williams Institute.