- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
With Wednesday marking the 68th anniversary of D-Day, we dipped into the archives for this photo of former Sen. Bob Dole walking the grounds of the World War II Memorial in April 2004, when the dwindling ranks of WWII vets in Congress were given a tour of the memorial before it opened to the public. On April 14, 1945, Lt. Dole was severely wounded in northern Italy. While engaged in combat southwest of Bologna, Dole was hit by German machine gunfire in his back and right arm, leaving the arm paralyzed.