- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
- 14 Open House Seats, Few Takeover Opportunities
- Veteran Democratic Consultants Launch New Media Firm
In a May 26 Roll Call story, “Anti-Union Construction Group Targets Vulnerable GOP Freshmen,” reporter Janie Lorber refers to Associated Builders and Contractors as an “anti-union construction trade group.”
Nothing could be further from the truth. Not only does the membership of ABC include union members, but many of our member firms work every day, side by side, with union contractors on projects from coast to coast.
We believe all construction contractors — both union and merit shop — should benefit and prosper on a level playing field, but we don’t believe the government should favor one group.
— Geoff Burr, vice president of federal affairs for Associated Builders and Contractors Inc.