- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
The danger for Republicans now, but possibly Democrats in the future, is that a small group of wealthy ideologues will use the new organizations to nominate and elect a large enough number of extreme Members.
The near-term danger for Republicans involves libertarians, who could redefine the GOP in a way that would cripple, or even fracture, the party.
Stuart Rothenberg is editor of the Rothenberg Political Report.