- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
- Ad Man Scott Howell Back At It After Cardiac Arrest
Lawyer Bill Vinsko (D-Pa.) is taking steps to challenge freshman Rep. Lou Barletta (R) next year.
“We’ve officially filed the paperwork to become a candidate in the 11th Congressional district as of last week,” Vinsko told Roll Call on Monday. “We’re moving full steam ahead.”
Barletta defeated longtime Rep. Paul Kanjorski (D) by just less than 10 points last November. The northeastern Pennsylvania district is competitive, but that stands to change when GOP state lawmakers redraw the Congressional map later this year.
Nonetheless, Vinsko said he’s “pretty confident” that his home of Wilkes-Barre will stay in the 11th district under the new map.