- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
The Senate Democratic bill would tax small-business owners who make more than $250,000 a year and avoid paying payroll taxes; House Democrats sought to tax oil companies instead. But tax hikes are out of the question for the GOP.
“Mitt Romney has offered young voters little beyond lip service and dishonest attacks on the president’s record,” Obama campaign spokeswoman Lis Smith said. “His position on student loans should be viewed as an empty promise given his support for the [House-passed GOP] budget, which would make it significantly harder for young people to afford college.”comments powered by Disqus