- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Edelen was mum on a Senate run. “Adam can’t stand politicians who get into office and immediately start thinking about the next one. And he won’t be one of them,” said his spokeswoman, Stephenie Steitzer.
Grimes had no comment. Parrett said he was focused on his job but didn’t rule anything out, and Luallen almost completely closed the door on a run, saying she was better suited for a gubernatorial bid.
“There is a history of McConnell campaigns becoming very negative and very critical,” Luallen said coolly. “And that’s a factor people have to think about.”
McConnell allies agreed. “If you’re sitting there thinking about running against Mitch McConnell: Remember ‘Fargo,’” former McConnell chief of staff Billy Piper said, referring to the Oscar-winning movie. “And remember the end, when that guy is putting that chopped-up person’s leg in the big woodchipper machine? Mitch McConnell is the woodchipper.”