- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
My guess (and itís purely a guess and therefore not worth much) is that Obama holds a narrow lead over Romney, probably in the low-to-middle single digits. That lead could well shrink during the next couple of months, but even if it doesnít, the general election is likely to be close if jobs and gas prices continue to be problems for the White House.
In any case, my advice is clear: Donít treat any survey as if it has a monopoly on the truth.
Stuart Rothenberg is editor of the Rothenberg Political Report.