- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
The treaty would enter into force after ratification by the 44 countries that either already possessed nuclear weapons or had nuclear reactors in 1996. To date, 36 have done so, including Russia, the United Kingdom and France.
U.S. action on the CTBT will strengthen U.S. and global security by preventing nuclear proliferation. The facts are clear and the Senate needs to reconsider the treaty based on this latest scientific analysis of the issues. We must lead by example.
Dr. Robert Dodge is a spokesman for Physicians for Social Responsibility.