- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
The lawmaker is sporting a pink button that says “We stand with the Lady.” Yes, there are more than a few ladies on the House floor, but we’re pretty sure we know which one he’s talking about.
Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) proclaimed in the closing sentence of the now-infamous email that he sent to Wasserman Schultz (and several members of House leadership) on Tuesday that she has “proven repeatedly that [she is] not a Lady.” Braley seems to be attempting to turn this dressing-down into a dressing-up with a fetching button.
Braley spokeswoman Alexandra Krasov says that, as of Friday, he had already given out 100 buttons on the House floor and has more for those who want them.
“[Wasserman Schultz and Braley] are very good friends,” Krasov tells HOH. “He respects her very much, and the work that she does, and ... he wanted to show that in a way following the hubbub this week.”