- Quiz: Who Wore This Campaign Fashion Better?
- Trying to Make Sense of the Post-New Hampshire Republican Race
- Redistricting Case Could Delay North Carolina's Primary
- What We Learned From New Hampshire
- Trump, Sanders Win Huge in New Hampshire
MAP-21 is not perfect, but it would create and support millions of desperately needed jobs and is the only bipartisan plan in Congress that can pass both the House and Senate and be signed into law before these critical programs expire. With the current authorization expiring this week and the beginning of construction season upon us, the time is now to cooperate on putting America back to work and building a better future.
I urge the Republican leadership to abandon their “my-way-or-the-highway” plan and work with Democrats to allow a vote on MAP-21 this week.
Rep. Tim Bishop (D-N.Y.) serves on the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee and is ranking member of the Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment.