- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
MAP-21 is not perfect, but it would create and support millions of desperately needed jobs and is the only bipartisan plan in Congress that can pass both the House and Senate and be signed into law before these critical programs expire. With the current authorization expiring this week and the beginning of construction season upon us, the time is now to cooperate on putting America back to work and building a better future.
I urge the Republican leadership to abandon their “my-way-or-the-highway” plan and work with Democrats to allow a vote on MAP-21 this week.
Rep. Tim Bishop (D-N.Y.) serves on the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee and is ranking member of the Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment.