- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Under the leadership of Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), we came within one vote of passing similar legislation in 2010. Working with Democratic Sens. Michael Bennet (Colo.), Al Franken (Minn.), Jeff Merkley (Ore.), Jeanne Shaheen (N.H.) and Tom Udall (N.M.), we’ve trimmed down DISCLOSE 2.0 for a successful legislative push. Now, with the public seeing the harmful effects of Citizens United firsthand in the Republican primary, the pressure is even greater to get this done.
Working together, we can make sure our government remains “of the people, by the people, and for the people.”
Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) is a member of the Judiciary Committee and leader of the Citizens United Task Force.