- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
The dialogue includes such faux lobby pitches as:
• “There’s a bridge going to the island, but we’re gonna need a bridge coming back.”
• “The Constitution’s really just a set of recommendations. We can work around that.”
• “I’m about to earmark this cake for my mouth.”
K Street Files is willing to bet that last line came courtesy of Abramoff.
K Street Moves
Yahoo is bringing on April Boyd, who is currently the assistant Commerce Department secretary for legislative and intergovernmental affairs, as senior director of federal government affairs. She will report to Margaret Nagle, who heads the company’s federal lobbying unit.
Boyd, one-time chief of staff to former Rep. Ellen Tauscher, will manage Democratic relationships for Yahoo.
“April’s experience on Capitol Hill and within the Administration will add great strategic vision to our growing Yahoo! team,” said David Hantman, Yahoo’s vice president for global public policy, in a press statement.
Submit K Street Files tips here.