- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
- Voting-Rights Advocates Get Win at Supreme Court
Rep. Dan Burton is a popular guy to run against this cycle.
Former U.S. Attorney Susan Brooks announced this week that she’ll challenge the 15-term Republican. She’s the third Republican trying to oust Burton in 2012.
“Like many Hoosiers, I am very concerned about the direction of our country and strongly agree that solving the many challenges we face as a nation requires new ideas and new leadership,” Brooks said in a statement announcing her campaign.
Former Marion County Coroner John McGoff (R) announced earlier this year that he’ll run against Burton for a third time. Former Rep. David McIntosh (R) has indicated to local reporters that he will also challenge Burton in 2012.
It’s not the first time has Burton faced opposition within his own party. He fended off six GOP challengers in 2010, winning the party nod with 30 percent of the vote in the primary.