- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Without the DOE’s investment and foresight, the nuclear industry would not be where it is today. Energy Secretary Steven Chu recently introduced new opportunities that will promote innovative research and development for the next generation of nuclear power plants. This support provides the potential to expand the nation’s options for nuclear power as well as to further the nation’s competitive edge in the global clean energy race.
What we need to do next is take the Nuclear Power 2010 model and apply it to tomorrow’s energy innovation through initiatives such as the DOE’s Small Modular Reactor Program. This will ensure that America’s energy outlook continues to be safe, clean and reliable.
Aris Candris is president and CEO of Westinghouse Electric Co. Marilyn Kray is president of NuStart Energy Development.