- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
"A think tank providing independent analysis is very different from a think tank that simply does something on behalf of a political party or a corporate donor," said Zaid Jilani, communications and outreach director at United Republic. "We certainly have a disagreement with them about the role of money in politics ... but I also have a number of friends at Cato who are privately supporting us."
The demonstration — attended by no more than about 20 activists — attracted the attention of trackers from the Washington Free Beacon, a conservative media watchdog group launched last month to counter the left-leaning Media Matters for America.