- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
- 14 Open House Seats, Few Takeover Opportunities
- Veteran Democratic Consultants Launch New Media Firm
"A think tank providing independent analysis is very different from a think tank that simply does something on behalf of a political party or a corporate donor," said Zaid Jilani, communications and outreach director at United Republic. "We certainly have a disagreement with them about the role of money in politics ... but I also have a number of friends at Cato who are privately supporting us."
The demonstration — attended by no more than about 20 activists — attracted the attention of trackers from the Washington Free Beacon, a conservative media watchdog group launched last month to counter the left-leaning Media Matters for America.