- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
“It’s a challenge with all the varying interests to try to break through at a convention. So we see our opportunity in trying to tell the story before the events actually take place,” Rethmeier said. “The hope is that when you get off the airplane, you’ll see all these Vote Travel buttons and other visuals, so policymakers will be able to say, ‘Wow, the travel industry is really making this possible.’”
Dow said U.S. Travel won’t endorse a candidate for president, but the association’s political action committee, TRAVEL PAC, will dole out contributions in Congressional races.
The 4-year-old PAC has gone from a start of about $30,000 to more than $200,000 this cycle. “It’s the way business is done,” Dow said.